You can make a gift donation securely online by filling the form below to make a credit card donation.
If you would like to make a donation by phone please call 718-447-7740 ext.4269.
A letter acknowledging your donation will be mailed to you and your donation will be included in our next Annual Report. All donations are tax deductible according to the IRS Guidelines. Seamen’s Society for Children and Families is a tax-exempt 501 (c) 3 charitable organization.
You can make a donation by sending a check to: Seamen’s Society for Children and Families, 50 Bay Street, Staten Island, NY 10301-1827 Attn: Development Office.
HOW ELSE YOU CAN HELP
A. Giving Your Time
1. Become a Foster Parent: We are always looking for new foster parents. To find out how to become a foster parent please call 1-718-447-7740 ext 4234 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Volunteer. For a list of volunteer opportunities please contact Seamen’s Society at 718-447-7740 ext 4269 to find our how you can help.
B. Giving Financial Support
1. Sponsor a Scholarship: Our youth qualify for scholarship assistance to attend college or vocational school through funds raised in the community. A $1,500 donation lets you name a scholarship for your family, in memory or honor of a loved one, or for your organization. A donation of $10,000 provides a sustaining scholarship for seven years in memory or honor of a loved one. A donation of any amount to the general scholarship fund is always welcomed. All named scholarship donors will be invited to our annual Scholarship Dinner held in July so that you can meet the recipient of your gift.
To make a donation or receive information concerning the scholarship fund please contact the Development Office at 718-447-7740 ext. 4269 or email Development@roots-wings.org.
2. Support our Existing Programs: Target your donation to a program described on our web site that you are particularly interested in helping.
3. Special Events – Seamen’s holds a number of special events during the year. Please visit and click onNews/Events. You can volunteer on one of our committees, attend an event or provide sponsorship.
4. Matching Gifts: Many companies will double the value of an employee’s personal gift. If your company participated in a gift matching program, get an application from the human resource office and return it with your donation.
5. Amazon Smile: Each time you shop with Amazon and use our link 0.5% of your purchase will be donated to Seamen’s Society. Please use the link below to get started.