1668 Pitkin Ave, Brooklyn NY, 11212
Job Type: Full Time position
To provide and deliver the provision of all necessary required services to the families in foster care and work in collaboration with outside agencies. Additionally, the socio-therapist focuses on supporting and monitoring progress as it relates to the specific behavioral and social goals that have been developed for and with the children
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Complete all reports including STEP Charts –ABC Plans timely
· Schedule as well as monitor required weekly contacts and document visits
· Monitor and maintain compliance with casework milestones and time frames with City and State regulations.
· Assist TFFC social worker collaboratively to ensure the delivery of services are being provided in accordance to TFFC contract
· Assist foster parents in their role monitoring submitting STEP Charts as required
· Participate and monitor monthly recreational activities and independent living activities as appropriate to age of the youngster
· Participate in on-going trainings to enhance job skills
· Participate in Family Team, Placement Preservation, Goal Change, and Reunification Conferences as a participating stake holder in the case.
· Provide insight as a stake holder to ensure that the Permanency Planning goal is achieved in a timely manner.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
• Knowledge of Connections and proficient computer skills.
• Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives with limited supervision
• Ability to handle and resolve recurring problems
• Ability to perform the essential functions of the job with or without a reasonable accommodation.
• Bachelor’s degree and experience working with children and families required.
• Valid driver license preferred.
• Due to the nature of the work environment work hours will be based on needs of program and may vary.
• Performs other duties/responsibilities as assigned within the scope of position.